Full time Head Chef - (Job share considered).
The Usk and Railway Inn is a highly successful business offering B&B accommodation in addition to a range of food and drink products. We are renowned for the quality of our food.
We offer a comprehensive Main Menu alongside a Daily Specials Board, a set 2 Course Menu, a very popular Sunday Roast and regular Buffet Theme Nights.
Our target audience is a mix of friendly locals, holiday makers and destination customers. Customers are prepared to travel some distance based on our growing reputation for fairly priced, excellent home cooked food served in a warm and friendly environment where good customer service is key.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a committed and enthusiastic professional to join our team, where your contribution to the future development and delivery of our food offer will be enthusiastically encouraged.
A full time Head Chef is required (Job share considered). Shift patterns and salary will be discussed at interview. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- All aspects of food service delivery (including food preparation, fulfilling customer food orders to a high standard and in a timely manner, creating 'Chef's Specials)
- Ensuring compliance with all EHO requirements (food hygiene, food storage, cleanliness, best practices etc)
- Supervising junior kitchen staff
- Food ordering and maintaining stock levels
- Ensuring regular deep cleaning of kitchen area
- Proactively working with the management team to develop and revise both regular and seasonal menus
The management will particularly welcome candidates willing to contribute ideas to further develop the business.
The successful applicant will have a passion for creating and serving outstanding food, and an understanding of the demands associated with working in a commercial kitchen environment. These qualities must be evidenced by suitable qualification(s) and experience in this field, together with excellent references.
If you are interested in applying for this position and joining our friendly team, please forward your CV with a brief covering letter to; email@example.com or post to the pub.
Closing date for applications is Friday 24th January. Interviews are to be held Monday 27th January.
Linda and Andy Renkes (Owners)